Friday, December 16, 2011

Local Art warms my heart

I like to going to beauty and fashion events in the city to see what's trendy as of late, snag my goody bag, and have a couple of cocktails, of course.  I'm never usually moved in one way or another by the vendor (or free cocktail) selections, but at the last one I attended, Nomadic Ant's jewelry line caught my attention. They are Chicago based and specialize in unique, handmade (sterling and pure) silver, gold and brass jewelry; as well as re-purposed leather accessories.  There is a very earthy and bohemian theme to their line, however, I think just about anyone could find something they like from their collections.

I really like this jackrabbit skull necklace and the pocket watch pendant is super steampunk-esque and could be worn everyday.

Jackrabbit Skull pendant, $49
 Pocket Watch pendant, on sale $48

I thought these rings were cool, too.  Very charming and adds a little somethin' somethin' to your boring hand or ensemble.

Pure Silver Chunky Wrap ring, $68

Pure Silver Braid ring, $68

Pure Silver Woven Square ring, $68




Here are a few earrings I liked from the website.  I picked these because I think they can be worn with short or long hair (down or pulled back) and with pretty much any color outfit selection; and because they have so many pretty earrings on their site, I couldn't post them all.

Hammered Brass Goa earrings, $42

Howlite & Brass Mindoro earrings, $48

Silver Woven Screen Hoop earrings, $78

Turquoise Robin's Nest earrings, $48


These leather pouches may not be the right accessory for everyone, but I think they are adorable and functional as hell.  The perfect size for all your important items (phone, keys, debit card, lip gloss), these pouches allow you to shop hands free, brunch without needing a purse hook and do just about anything else you can think of without having to hold your purse.  They even fit under your big ass winter coat.  Genius.

Tour & Travel Hip Pack, $90

Brown Urban Travel Pack, $85
So, yeah.. Crafty,  reasonably priced and perfect for gift giving (and shopping for yourself), Nomadic Ant offers a little something for everyone.  Support your local artists!!


No comments:

Post a Comment